What Makes Me Sad

"If a person laughs too much even at stupid things he is lonely deep inside."

I have simple joys in life and at the same time simple things easily make me sad.

Sometimes I just feel lonely but I know there's nothing to be sad about, I just feel it. And there's no way I can hold it no matter how I try to convince myself to be happy.
Goodbyes really make me sad. I hate saying goodbye to someone so close to my heart. Even though it's not for good and I know that I'm going to see them after a year or more. I just hate the idea that somebody is going to leave. Where's the good in goodbye, after all? There's really a pinch in my heart when someone bids goodbye. 

Seeing my mother sad is also one way of making me sad, knowing that she's not okay and something's bothering her. There are also times that she gets mad at me, that's also another way of making me sad—if we're not okay.

Other things that get me sad were some inevitable frustrations and disappointments that I encounter along the way. And those were only temporary feelings. After hours of realizations I will be fine again and know that they happen for a reason and it meant to teach me something.

As much as possible I don't want to feel sad anymore but I know it's a part of life and I cannot refrain from it. So when I feel sad I just do something that will make me divert my attention to different things that would help me feel better.

It's okay to be sad once in a while. Life in general is not a bed of roses. How can we appreciate the sunlight if there's no rain. How can we appreciate happiness if we don't go through sadness. Life is like a roller coaster ride, as what they say. Always remember that tomorrow is another day. Who knows tomorrow might be better.

That's the reality of life. If you are sad today just think that there is something good that is bound to happen.

Feel every emotion that you need to feel. You can fool the people around you but not yourself. Take a break when you need to. Taking care of yourself is not selfish, it's necessary. How can you take care the people that you love if you also need healing?  

Learn to be okay with not being okay. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sat With Ree: Westlife The Twenty Tour

Sat With Ree: Jab We'll Done

It's Our 8th