A Girl Can Dream

5 years from now, will I be the same person as I am now? Will I be in the same place as where I am now?

Honestly speaking, I don't want to picture myself on where will I be years from now. I have high hopes and dreams for myself. And I easily get frustrated when things didn't go the way I planned it. But that's the reality of life. "Life doesn't always go the way we planned it." Sometimes what we got is better than what we wanted.

But that doesn't mean that I don't have any plans. It's just that I don't want to expect, I just want to be surprised.

5 years from now, I will be 28 years old so hopefully I already found what my heart truly desires. I hope that I already have a clearer view on what I want to do with my life. I may not have all my dreams come true by then but hopefully I am one step closer than I am now. I hope that I will be a better version of myself by the time. I hope that I will see things in a different and more appropriate way. I hope that I have done something that will make myself proud.

On the other hand, after 5 years I hope that I already visited at least one country. I told myself before that when I turned 25 years old, I will be celebrating it in other country (I don't want to mention the name of that country for now) hopefully I will be able to fulfill that promise. I hope that I will be able to buy some of the things that I'm dying to have. And little by little I am starting to invest for my own place— a condo unit and also for my own car. I hope that I will be able to treat my mom into something that she will be happy. I hope that I will be able to sponsor her for a trip to other county or wherever she wants to go. Hopefully, I will be able to give her (if not everything) at least most of the things that she wants.

I have lots of dreams and goals but I don't want to expect that it will happen soon. I just keep those dreams alive but without any specific time frame. I know that it will happen  not in my desired time but in God's perfect timing. As I have said earlier, I don't want to expect, I want to be surprised.

And I hope that five years from now when I look back and read this, I hope that most of the things that I listed here will come true. And I hope that I will be able to feel the self-worth and contentment that I'm trying to have. And I hope that I will be with the same people that I am with right now. 

Just like what Popoy and Basha said in the movie One More Chance, "five years from now, ganito pa din kaya tayo?" Ako, five years from now, ganito pa din kaya ako? I hope not, I hope I will be a better person than I am now.

After all.........a girl can dream.đź‘‘

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Worst Job Interview Experience

Sat With Ree: Jab We'll Done

Sat With Ree: Westlife The Twenty Tour