What Attracts Me In Love

"Love is not a noun to be defined, but a verb to be acted upon."
Actually, I've never been in love before. I only have love for my family and for my friends. But to a certain individual, I have none. I was just in love with the idea of being "in love" way back then. And I came to a point that I profoundly understand the true meaning of love. And eventually I realized that there's a huge difference between affection, infatuation and love. And what I thought was already "love" was actually just a form of an infatuation and not to be taken seriously.

I have high standards when it comes to love. Before, my idea of love entirely focused on physical attraction. But as I grew older I have understood the true meaning of love. People fall in love that easy the same way as they fall out of love easily. One day they were too in love with one another but the next day there were too much hatred towards one another. That's how love goes these days. People were just too in love with the idea of falling in love. Saying I Love You these days is just like saying the word "hi." People nowadays say I love you without meaning it. 

That's why I don't believe that true love still exists in this generation. Today, being in love is merely an idea.

I have never been in love that's why I don't have any idea on what draws me towards love. But here's my idea of what I think would attract me. Even before I already said that I want to meet someone who is exactly my opposite. I just want to prove that opposites really do attract but at the same time I want someone who shares the same interests as mine. I want to meet someone who views life in a different perspective than mine. I want someone who will contradict me with the decisions that I make and the things that I say but I know it's for my own benefit. Not just somebody who's going to agree with whatever I'm going to say just for me to feel good about myself though there is really something that needs to be improve. I want someone to be honest with me no matter how hard he thinks it is for me to handle the truth and not the one who will soothe me with lies. For me, "honesty is the best policy." LOL

I want to meet someone who is really kind-hearted, not just the one who's kind because he is in front of many people. A person who is a family-oriented, the one who is kind to his family. I believe that if he is kind to his family he's going to treat other people kindly. I also want to meet someone who loves God and has Him as the center of his life.

But of course, physical feature is a big factor. Do you know Chris Evans? Captain America? Who doesn't know him, by the way? He's my ideal man just with humor like Lucifer. Not the real Lucifer, though. The one portrayed by Tom Ellis. Combine those two and the package is already complete. 😜

When I say love I'm talking about long-term and not simply just for fun. I don't want to settle into someone just because I don't have any other option or just because I am running out of time. I want someone who's going to genuinely love me just as I am, not someone I will need to impress with everything that I do. Which I doubt there's someone out there who possesses those qualities that I cited above.

Just in case that there is somebody out there destined for me I know it's impossible that he has all of the qualities and characteristics that I have said. And I know that at the end, God does not give us the people we want instead He gives us the people we need for us to be the person that He desires us to be.

I have read this somewhere, we don't get to choose who are we going to fall in love, because it is an emotion that we instantly feel and there's no way we can hold it back.

I already closed the possibility of finding a true love because as I've mentioned earlier I don't believe that it still exists nowadays. But there's still a part of me that is open to the idea of meeting someone who will prove me wrong with what I strongly believed in. Just someone who will be able to make me feel like Rihanna, like I'm the only girl in the world.

As the saying goes:
"You don't get to choose who you fall in love with." 
So... if ever there is this "someone" who is destined for me let's just enjoy our own time and our own personal life separately. So that when it is the right time for us to meet we have so much to talk and share about. But for now, let's just be happy being in our own different world.

Nobody knows who that "someone" is and if there is really that "someone." 

But who knows, it might be you! Yieeeeeeee. 

Just kidding.............................

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sat With Ree: Westlife The Twenty Tour

Sat With Ree: Jab We'll Done

It's Our 8th