My Proudest Moment


‎‎proud
-feeling deep pleasure or satisfaction as a result of one's own achievements, qualities, or possessions or those of someone with whom one is closely associated 

synonyms: pleased, glad, happy, delighted, joyful, overjoyed, thrilled, satisfied, gratified, content 

The moment where I felt a great satisfaction for myself would be during my college days. We had a cooking demo for our French subject. It was one-half part of one of our major exams. Those who will get a percentage of 95% and above in that demo will be exempted for that exam. Fortunately our group got 97% which means that we don't need to take the test— together with my 2 other group mates. We prepared Salade Nicoise Sandwich (Tuna Sandwich).

Every group should prepare a French recipe, whatever simple or complex recipe it is as long as you can execute it properly; since it's a French class we have to speak in French and pronounce the words correctly. In front of our classmates together with our professor we have to do that demo. 

While the other groups were busy rehearsing for their presentations our group didn't have any practice, not even once. I searched on the internet the simplest French recipe that we could prepare then I asked my 2 other group mates if that's okay with them. I toldthem to memorize it wholeheartedly— and they did. We just had a meeting on what gimmick are we going to incorporate to make our presentation lively and different among the other groups.

Since one of our group mates was a dancer and he badly wanted to be exempted on that exam ('cause he didn't want to study and neither do I) he told us that he's going to perform some parts of their dance routine and wear the costume that they wore during our department days. So we agreed 'cause he's the only one in our group to have the guts and since we had a hint that the other groups will also be incorporating some dance steps on their presentation. 

And that was it. Our presentation also became our practice. And it turned out pretty well. We brought home the bacon. 

And that was one proudest moment. Imagine, we didn't have any practic, yet we received one of the highest grades that made us exempted to a major exam. And because of that we treat ourselves together with the other exempted groups with a frappé while our other classmates were taking the exam. 

That was the first and the last time I got exempted from an examination. At least I experienced it before I graduated. Now I know the feeling. Thanks to my group mates. 

And I really felt these things during that time: pleased, glad, happy, delighted, joyful, overjoyed, thrilled, satisfied, gratified, content. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Worst Job Interview Experience

Sat With Ree: Jab We'll Done

Sat With Ree: Westlife The Twenty Tour