Best Trip Of My Life....To Date

I am not yet that old and I haven't been to many places so I think it's still too early to tell what is the "Best Trip of My Life." I think it would be more appropriate to say "Best Trip Of My Life, So Far" because I'm still looking forward to the time that I will be sitting on my rocking chair, reminiscing the past and I will then be able to tell the best trip that I had in my entire life.

All of the trips that I had were best. Especially if it's with my family or friends. That is exactly what I want to do in this lifetime- to visit different places and just enjoy without even noticing the time of the day.
Of all the trips that I had so far, our trip to Fort Santiago, Luneta Park and Quirino Grandstand was one of the best for me. Together with one of my best friends, my super friend, we went there. That was our plan before we even start with our OJT, that we're going to Intramuros no matter what since our OJT will be in Manila. Fortunately it pushed through. It was Chinese New Year 2012 when we went there. I considered it best because during that time I didn't have to care about the time even if it was already late. 

That was when we finished our training and we were just working on some requirements. My best friend and I were under the same company just of different workplace but we are living in the same place that's why it's easy for us to fulfil our promise.

We just roam around the Fort Santiago, we stayed there for a couple of hours. We took a lot of pictures there— that's our main purpose, by the way. The place is so idylic. Just by being there and looking at some ruined structures, you can really see that there are truly a lot of stories to tell—stories that we learned during our grade school.

Simply by sitting at one of the benches there feels like you are in a paradise. It's so quiet and peaceful there. While we were sitting we watched children playing around, we hear their laugh and their giggles and I can see how happy they were and made me also think of my happy childhood days. I love the place because ‎it's so relaxing. It's perfect if you need some alone time to think and clear your mind. It's a perfect escape from the hussle and bustle of the city life without even leaving the city. 
After that we went to Luneta Park. We went to different areas of the Park. I never imagined that I will be seeing those kinds of places there. I never thought that Luneta Park was really that massive until I saw it. And just by  walking around it we discovered such different places and amazed by what we witnessed. The place was old that's why I understand how some areas were not properly maintained. It would be a great idea if some areas would go under restoration so that younger generation could see its beauty since it was a huge part of our history.
We also went to Quirino Grand Stand. We just walk through the almost withered grass. We saw "Mamang Sorbetero" so we bought ice cream and there were also sari-sari stores and we found out that the price there was not normal compared to the other sari-sari stores that we just see along the street or near our house. I think the prices there were a lot like more of the prices on one of the convenience stores. But we still bought something to eat since we were both starving. After buying some chips and drinks we sat along one of the benches. While we were eating our snack we saw a variety of kites flying high up in the air. I can see how happy the kids were together with their father while they were flying their kites. The place is really perfect for a family bonding but it's not a good idea to be there when the sun is shining so bright.
The happiest part of our trip was crossing the pedestrian lane between Quirino Grand Stand and Luneta Park. We're running so fast and at the same time laughing  everytime we cross the street.

And when we're about to leave because it's almost 6 in the evening, fortunately there was a dancing fountain show. I was amazed while watching the fountain as it dance. I feel like I was on the beach. I really loved the ambiance. The music was overly loud and so uplifting. That made our trip more memorable. We agreed on going home at 7 o'clock, but we didn't realize that it's already past 7 because we really enjoyed the show that much. I really had fun there.
(This photo was supposed to have the dancing fountain in the background, but due to the "vibrating" camera of Superfriend, it turned out like this.) 

That was one of the best trips I've had, so far. And as I have said earlier, I'm still waiting for the time where I can really tell the best trip of my entire life. And I can't wait to share that with you. :) 

This is my Superfriend (Sf). My tour guide for the trip as well as my photographer.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Worst Job Interview Experience

Sat With Ree: Jab We'll Done

Sat With Ree: Westlife The Twenty Tour