Westlife The Wild Dreams Tour

Last Monday February 20, 2023, for the second time, I got to watch my first loves again live in concert. Ever since I watched them performed live for the first time in 2019, I've been anticipating the day that I get to watch them again. I really waited for the announcement of their next concert since then. 

I grew up listening to Westlife's songs. It's definitely the very first band that I loved. And my very first celebrity crush is Mark Feehily. The first song of them that I learned was 'Seasons In The Sun.' I think it's one of the first songs that I memorized without even trying. Because the song was repeatedly played in our house when I was young, I already memorized it. Then it was followed by 'My Love' then 'I Lay My Love On You,' and the list goes on and on and on. I didn't grow up listening to nursery rhymes.  Instead I grew up listening to Westlife's songs. And I am not complaining. πŸ˜†

When I arrived at the venue, there were still lots of people outside and it was already past 7:00PM. Then I was surprised to see two ladies wearing wedding gown. Hence the people around them. 

The concert started a little past 8:00 PM. I was glad that they waited for me before they started. Why did I say so? Cause after I had taken my seat, it only took a few seconds before they started. Usually the previous concerts that I attended start at least 30 minutes after the scheduled time. But last Monday, Westlife began on time. I bought snacks outside cause I haven't eaten dinner yet, but I wasn't able to eat them anymore. The crowd was already shouting and it was already dark when I entered the venue. I thought it was still a joke. But I already saw someone down the stage wearing the same outfit the lads was wearing on their concert tour. So I realized it's no more a joke. It's really starting. I had to put down my drink and mindlessly slid the pizza slices inside my bag. It was wrapped, though. πŸ˜…

'Startlight' was their opening song. Just right in the middle of their it, confetties already showered. It was a perfect song to make the audience went wild. It was followed by some of their greatest hits, 'Uptown Girl,' 'If I Let You Go,' 'When You're Looking Like That,' 'Fool Again,' 'Swear It Again,' and 'My Love.' Then they leave the stage for a quick change.

When they returned they sang a medley of some of ABBA's top songs. They opened with 'Mama Mia,' then 'Money, Money, Money,' 'Waterloo,' 'Take A Chance On Me,' then their revival—'I Have A Dream.' Of course there's 'Dancing Queen.' And what's more perfect way to end the ABBA medley than to sing 'Thank You For The Music?' I really loved that moment. I think most of the audience missed hearing those songs. I am not that old, but I know most of the songs. I grew up listening to them. We used to have a VHS tape of ABBA. 

After that they went down again for a quick change. When they returned they sang one of my favorites— 'What About Now.' Then they sang the very first song of them that I learned, 'Seasons In The Sun,' then 'Mandy.' They also performed 'I Lay My My Love On You.' They stopped for a chit-chat. Nicky called the two ladies in their wedding gown, and also a guy who's wearing the same blazer like one of theirs. He also called a lady, I can't remember why. I couldn't help but envy them. I also want to be near the lads. I want to take selfies with them. That's one of my ultimate goals in life. I really really want to take pictures with them. I hope that time will come that I can have a photo op with them. 

Afterwards they bid goodbye. Said that the show was over, and they had a great time. But I didn't believe them, even though the lights went off already. I know they'll come back. We were screaming, "We want more." After a few moments they came back with 'Hello, My Love.' They followed it with their final song 'You Raise Me Up.' It was truly magical when white confetties showered while they were singing. It's also one of my goals to be showered with those confetties. I saw someone posted a video while she was being showered with them. Again, I couldn't help but envy her. If I was in that place, I think I might cry. 

Of course, some good things must come to an end. The show was over. But the memories of that night will forever be instill in my heart. And it is on the list of one of the most favorite moments of my life. I had a great time watching Mark, Nicky, Kian and Shane. Westlife will always have a special place in my heart. I can't wait to watch them again. I hope to see them on their silver anniversary tour. Wherever, whenever. 

Has been, and will always be a fan of Westlife. ❤ See you again soon. 😊




au revoir. 😊

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sat With Ree: Westlife The Twenty Tour

Sat With Ree: Jab We'll Done

It's Our 8th