Sat With Ree: Valentine's Day For Single

Only two days to go before Valentine’s Day. What are your plans? Do you have a date? Or are you going to celebrate Valentine like a normal day?

I’ve been single my whole life. I have no idea what’s the difference between spending Valentine’s Day being single and if you are in a relationship. I can only speak on singles’ behalf. Allow me to share with you the pros and cons of being single during Valentine’s Day.

Cons:

  • If you want to receive flowers and/or chocolates, you have to buy for yourself.
  • You have to pay for the food that you want to eat just in case you decided to date yourself.

Pros:

  • You don’t have to consider anyone when it comes to what and where you want to eat. (And mind you, this applies all year round not only during Valentine.)
  • You don’t have to wake up early because you and your partner planned a date to watch the sunrise or have breakfast somewhere.
  • The whole day is yours. You get to decide where and how you want to spend it. You could simply binge-watch a movie or a series.
  • You don’t have to force yourself to dress up for you have someone to impress. You could be on your loungewear all day.
  • You don’t have to worry getting stuck in a heavy traffic because you’re going on date or you’re going home from a date.
  • You can save money for the reason that you don’t have to buy any gift for your significant other.
  • You won’t get disappointed when your partner didn't meet your expectation. E.g, you expected him to surprise you with 50 dozens of red ecuadorian roses, but he gave you santan instead.

Valentine’s Day comes only once a year, so it’s just a one day torture for us singles. 😏😅 Just kidding. Yeah. I must admit, sometimes I envy those who receive flowers and chocolates during Valentine. But that’s just it, I don’t think I have to be in a relationship simply because of that. I can buy my own flowers and chocolates whenever I want. I know it’s odd, that’s why I don’t do it. 😅

Anyway, being single during Valentine’s Day doesn’t make you less of a person. It doesn’t mean that you are unlovable. I don’t feel any emptiness because I’m single. Probably because, like I said, I’ve been single my whole life. It’s normal to get envious when you see someone uploading their photos—in different angles—while holding a bouquet of flowers and chocolates. What’s not normal is to think that you are unworthy of receiving such gifts. That’s not Valentine’s Day is about. It’s about celebrating your love towards the people who matter most to you. It does not limit with only your significant other. It could be your family, your friends, or a friend who already became a family. It’s even possible to just spend it with yourself or with your dog, if that’s your preference.

Valentine’s Day is a day in a year where you have to put an extra effort to show the people you love that you love them. But every day, you have the opportunity to make them feel your love towards them. Efforts and surprises should not only be shown during special occasions. Try doing it even on a normal day, surely your loved one/s will appreciate it even more.

There’s no right or wrong way to celebrate Valentine’s Day. But for us singles, Valentine’s Day is merely a normal day.





au revoir.😊

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Worst Job Interview Experience

Sat With Ree: Jab We'll Done

Sat With Ree: Westlife The Twenty Tour