Sat With Ree: Bring Back The Mem'ries

I used to love this time of the year—Halloween. This is probably one of the things that I always anticipate every year, but that was before. 

We used to spend 'Undas' in Talahib because my grandparents' tombs are in Pisa (which is about 30-45 minutes boat ride away from Talahib). I always looked forward going to Talahib because I'd get to see my cousins again, we can play and we can swim again. One of the fondest memories I had with my cousins was when we used to watch a horror TV show. After watching, we will scare our younger cousins through repeatedly saying the name of the ghost in the show that we watched, especially when it's dark and the power was out. It was so fun to do. Although in all honesty, I was also scared. I was just good at faking it. 😁

One of the things that I also remember was when we were in elementary. In our school, before halloween we will go to almost every house in our barangay, and we would sing in front of it. It's basically just like a carolling, but in November, during daytime, and of course the songs were for halloween. Yeah, halloween songs exist. 😁 It was fun because we didn't have to attend our class plus we got the chance to roam around our barangay. 

This time of the year always makes me reminisce those days. Those days that I wish still exist. How I wish we didn't grow up. I miss those times when having fun means scaring someone and getting scared only through seeing a ghost. Today fun and scared have already deeper meanings. There are times when having too much fun feels so scary because you'll never know what's gonna happen next. It's still fun to scare someone, though. 😄

I think life would be so boring if you don't feel scared every once in a while. When life puts you in a situation that feels scary, that's also the time for you to show how brave you are. What's the point of living if you always choose to stay on the safe side anyway? We are all born courageous. 

Life can be intimidating at times and the things around us can be so overwhelming. During these times we are given the chance to unleash our inner strength and to show life that we can never be shaken. Do not be afraid and never be discouraged in life no matter what it throws us because whatever trials or challenges that we face God is always there to get us through. He is always ahead of us to make sure that we are safe all throughout the way.

Perhaps there is something that you're scared to do, as long as it won't do any harm to other people and as long as it will make you happy, never be afraid to go for it. But before you do it, make sure that you ask for God's guidance and approval. 





Ciao 😊

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Worst Job Interview Experience

Sat With Ree: Jab We'll Done

Sat With Ree: Westlife The Twenty Tour