‎Sat With Ree: First Dose

Last Monday, September 27, after 8526423962 years πŸ˜† finally I got my first dose of covid-19 vaccine.

When I woke up that morning, I really had no idea that I will be vaccinated that day. It was only after we had our lunch when my sister-in-law saw a post of one of our Barangay officials informing those who belong to the A5 category who wanted to get vaccinated to go to the vaccination site. My brother also told my mother that there are only a few people there, and that instantly convinced me to grab the chance and get vaccinated already. 

Fortunately, when I arrived at the vaccination site I didn't have to line up to get a form because there are really only a few people there. I arrived there at almost 3:00 in the afternoon and I got vaccinated at almost 4:00. It was fast and a very smooth process and I loved that I didn't have to take a very long line. 

(When I got home and saw this photo I checked on the internet the normal pulse rate of a person, and I realized that I almost reached the maximum bmp. 😁 I wasn't surprised, though, because my heart beat really fast that moment.)

My arm felt a little numb after a couple of minutes. Apart from numbness I didn't feel any more difference. Unlike those who feel sleepy after they got vaccinated, I really had a hard time sleeping that night. (Although it wasn't new to me since I always have a hard time sleeping every night.) That time was totally different, though. I slept at almost 2:00 in the morning. Then I woke up after a couple of minutes and I felt so cold. Then I fell asleep again, then I woke up at I think between 4:00 - 5:00 am still feeling cold and slightly feverish. The coldness subside after a while, but I didn't want to turn on the electric fan because I thought that once I turned it on I would feel cold again. I just endure the hot temperature and I didn't mind even if I was sweating heavily. I didn't even want to move. Then I fell asleep at almost 8:00, then woke up again after a few minutes, then I fell asleep a few minutes and then I woke up and can't sleep anymore and that's when I realized that I wasn't really feeling well and that the vaccine has already having its effects on me. 

I really didn't want to leave my bed that morning. My body felt so heavy and I just want to lay and not move. But I had to force myself to get up, or else I will only feel more sick than I really was. My body felt so heavy everytime I stand and walk. I didn't even wash my face that morning because I was afraid I will feel cold again once the water hit even just my fingertips. I also lost my appetite to eat that day, although it wasn't obvious. 😝 

I slept so early that night. I was already asleep before 11:00 pm and I really slept like a log. It's been a while since I slept like that. Through God's mercy when I woke up at around 10:00 in the morning the following day, I felt a whole lot better. Although I can feel that my arm hurt even more I was still glad that my body didn't feel heavy anymore, I wasn't feeling cold and the fever was already gone. 

That day of my vaccination I doubted if there was really something injected on me or if I had like what I saw on the news wherein the nurse just inserted the needle, but didn't release the content of the syringe because I was too focused on taking a video. But when I already felt the side effects of the vaccine, that's when I knew it wasn't just a prank. πŸ˜† It's real. I was really vaccinated. 

They said that our second dose would be after two to three months compared to others which only take about 21-28 days. It doesn't matter. Patience is a virtue. πŸ˜€









Ciao. 😊

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Worst Job Interview Experience

Sat With Ree: Jab We'll Done

Sat With Ree: Westlife The Twenty Tour