My Worst Job Interview Experience

I probably shared with you in the past how I struggled to find a job. I've been to a lot of job interviews. And when I say a lot, I mean a looooooooot. I couldn't count how many job interviews I attended. Whether virtually or on site.

There's this one interview that goes on top of the worst interviews I attended. It was somewhere in Pasig. It was an agency. I saw the job posting online, so I sent my resume. They texted me and told me that I had an interview. So I went there. ‎ 

I am not used to wearing shoes with heels. So every time I attended an interview back then, I always left the house wearing flat shoes. I just bring with me other shoes with heels. Then I'll change before the interview when I'm already near the area. But when I had this interview, one of the soles detached from the flat that I was wearing. I was feeling it before I rode the bus, then it fell off when I was already inside the bus. So I had to wear the shoes with high heels that I brought. The hard part is that the place of the interview was far from the bus stop. So I had to endure walking with my high heels. Fortunately, I made it to the venue without tripping.

I already forgot the reason why I wasn't even interviewed. I applied for the position of ground staff in the airport. As far as I can remember, there was a mix-up between the position that they're hiring and the position that I was applying for. They told me that they would endorse me for another company. They gave me an envelope and said that there's an endorsement letter inside. But when I opened it, I only saw my resume inside the envelope. No letter.

The job they were offering was far from our house. And it didn't pay that much. Considering that I had to rent a house nearby and, of course, I had to buy food. I was looking for a job so that I could have money. How would that become possible? Having that job meant that everything that I worked for would only go to rent and for food, literally. I wasn't even sure if I could pay the rent. I just thought it was impractical to go for that job.  Plus, going to another job interview meant I had to pay for the fare again. And the bus fare is no joke. I didn't have that much money to go from one interview to another. I still asked for money from my parents at that time, and I knew they didn't have much to spare. And I was too shy to ask them. 

Looking for a job is truly exhausting. Especially for those who just graduated and those who didn't have any experience. Employers want to hire someone who has experience, even if they just graduated from college. How can we possibly have any job experience when they aren't willing to hire us?

There were really some unforgettable job interview experiences that I had. Some are fun, while others are interviews that I shouldn't have gone to in the first place. But at the end of the day, it's still an experience. And at least I won't be wondering for the rest of my life what would happen if I had gone to that interview. 




au revoir. 😊

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sat With Ree: Westlife The Twenty Tour

Sat With Ree: Jab We'll Done

It's Our 8th