Mother's Day

Unlike my father, I had a lot of memories with my mother. I practically lived my whole life with her. In her house. So, we've seen each other's good and bad days. I can say I've witnessed most of her highs and lows. But I'll tell you, if you're going to ask her about me, she'll probably tell you that I am the kid who doesn't care about her, or basically about anything. Well, that's what I'll always be in her eyes. Someone who doesn't give a damn. 😊 Because I have my own world. πŸ˜‚

Anyway, as I've said, we have a lot of memories together. But there's this one unforgettable moment I had with her. This happened back when I was in high school. If I remember it right, it was during my freshman year. When I was still studying, I never needed an alarm clock. My mother served as my alarm clock from elementary to college. She would always wake me up every morning. My class starts at 7:00 a.m., but she wakes me up at 5:00 a.m. To think that the school I went to only took 10 minutes to travel. Plus, I never ate breakfast. I only had a chocolate drink. 

She woke me up that morning. Since I knew that it was still early, it wasn't my thing to check the time back then. I already knew that I still had a lot of time to spare. Every morning she wakes me up, I get up from bed right away but continue my sleep on the sofa. So she would nudge me every 5 seconds, telling me that I'd already be late. Then I'd get annoyed, so I would stand up and drink that hot chocolate that she had already prepared. Then I'd brush my teeth and take a bath. I'm still not checking the time because I knew that it was still early. I was already prepared for school, so we went outside the house. It was still dark that morning, but I didn't mind because it's usual for me. We had a service together with my batchmate, who just lived nearby. When we went to the gate, our service wasn't there yet. It was unusual because most of the time they were early. Usually, they were the ones to wait, not the other way around. There were also no people on the street yet. So I wondered why. I don't know why, but for some reason, I looked at the sky. It surprised me to see that there are still so many stars in the sky. Again, I wondered why, so I got my phone from my pocket to check the time. Only to see that it was still past 2:00 am. So I told my mother. Then we both laughed and went back to the house to sleep again. But I never really slept, cause I couldn't anymore. I still laugh every time I remember it. I don't know if she still remembers it, though. 

The memories we have with our parents, especially our mother, are precious. It doesn't matter whether it's a good one or a bad one. What matters is that we spend time with them. Some are not privileged enough to make memories with their mother. While some are longing to spend time with their mother. As cliche as this may sound, if it weren't for our mother, we wouldn't be here. We are their flesh and blood. We can never change that fact. We owe our lives to them. The least that we can do is to respect them. No relationship is perfect. No parent is perfect. No child is perfect. But if we really want to preserve our relationship, we have to respect one another. 

Here's to all the mothers out there. Happy Mother's Day to all of you. We celebrate you. We appreciate you. We are grateful that mothers exist. 




au revoir. 😊

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sat With Ree: Westlife The Twenty Tour

Sat With Ree: Jab We'll Done

Sat With Ree: Mula Timog Patungong Hilaga