My Grownup Christmas Wish

When I was a kid, I really believed that Santa Claus existed. I would secretly hang a plastic bag somewhere in our house, hoping that when I woke up the next morning, there would be a gift inside. But in the span of my childhood, there were only two times when there was something inside the plastic bag. One was a PHP10.00 bill. Which, by the way, was already a large amount during that time. I could already purchase a luxury car. Just kidding. Anyway, the second gift was a xylophone. It was from my aunt. It has keys of several nursery songs that I could practice. I was ecstatic when I saw it in the morning.

Now that I'm an adult, I sometimes wonder what if I hang a plastic bag on Christmas Eve. Will there be a gift waiting for me when I wake up? But seriously, as a grownup, it's really hard to tell what gift I want to receive. Then I ask myself why I need to receive or ask for a gift. I'm not the one celebrating my birthday. Plus, as an adult, the things that I want to receive are hard to find. Some are expensive, while others are hard to wrap. I mean, how can someone possibly wrap a peace of mind. Where can you buy it? Or self-fulfillment, perhaps. How about a sense of purpose? What about clarity of mind or a clear headspace? I mean, is there a store selling any of those? 

As I grow older, my Christmas wish can no longer fit in a plastic bag. It can't even be wrapped. I won't lie; I still sometimes wish for material things. Receiving a present still excites me. I'm still a kid at heart, you know. But I guess I just realized the true value of things now. That the health and well-being of my family—including our dog—is more important than receiving a brand new phone. Besides, I don't need to ask for anything anymore because God always provides for me the things that I need. There are times when I don't even have to ask because He's so generous to give me the things I never thought I needed. He's been so kind to me. My family is safe. I have a roof over my head. I eat 3–5 times a day. So, what more can I ask for?

.

.

.

.

au revoir. ๐Ÿ˜Š



P.S. 

I appreciate you reading my blog. Merry Christmas in advance. ๐Ÿ˜Š

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Worst Job Interview Experience

Sat With Ree: Jab We'll Done

Sat With Ree: Westlife The Twenty Tour