Lauv The Between Albums Tour

Last Monday, September 11, 2023, I attended the concert of Lauv at the Mall of Asia Arena. Alexander 23 was the front act of the show. It started at exactly 8:00 PM. Unlike the last concert that I watched at MOA Arena, I was early this time. If you want to know what happened then, you can read my blog here. πŸ˜„


Alexander's songs that night was perfect for a chill night. Some of the concert attendees that night just got off from work, so it's good to hear that kind of song. Perfect for relaxation and laid-back kind of vibe. His performance lasted for more or less than 30 minutes. During his last song, Lauv's face suddenly popped up on the screen. He was already backstage. He was making faces while Alexander was performing seriously. So we were laughing and we were screaming. Lauv came on stage after Alexander was finished with his last song. He thanked him for doing the front act then left the stage afterwards. I thought he would already start the concert. 

The show proper started at 9:00 PM. There were messages flashing on the screen. Then it went dark. After a couple of seconds Lauv was there on stage. And as usual, when he got up on stage there was a pandemonium. His first song was Love U Like That. It was followed by Paris In The Rain. He made a quick chit-chat telling us about his experience at Jollibee and the last time that he visited the Philippines. He then performed Paranoid and a few lines from i'm so tired... —his song with Troye Sivan. Then he stopped after a couple of lines and sang a different song which was Chasing Fire. It was an upbeat song so we were jumping while singing at the top of our lungs. He also performed Enemies and Superhero. I was admiring him on the big  screen while listening to him sing. Like I can't believe I'm watching him perform live. He was wearing many bracelets which he later gave one to a lucky audience. He's so cute with his curly hair. I liked the vibe that night. It was so chill.

He then brought on stage a piano for his performance of Drugs & The Internet. But before that, he gave us a quick background on how he came up with the song. Then he sang Lonely Eyes. While I was only listening to him on my music player, I was unaware of how he could sing such high notes. I mean, I was simply focusing on his songs and how heartbreaking some of them are. But during his concert, I was surprised that he can sing so good. Like he could do a falsetto and I'm truly impressed. He also made a performance of Mean It— his colab with also one of my favorites, LANY. Then he sang f*ck, i'm lonely. He then followed it with one of my favorite songs of him which is Tattoos Together.


There was a makeshift stage on the almost back part of the arena, so I knew that Lauv is going to go there and perform. It went dark at the venue. Then after a while the lights went on again and Lauv was at that stage. Surprisingly, he was wearing a barong. Not the typical barong, cause it has short sleeves. But still, I find it thoughtful of him to consider wearing that that night. It's a plus point for me as a Pinoy to be able to see an international artist wearing one of our national costumes. When Lauv went to that stage, there was someone laying on the floor wearing a helmet. We were screaming and wondering who it was. Lo and behold, it was Alexander. He sat when Lauv arrived and watched him sang Sad Forever while playing his guitar. It was truly heartfelt. Then he asked the audience to turn on the flashlight on our phone. And suddenly there were blue and white lights floating all around while he was singing Breathe. He made a quick chit-chat again while he was there. He said that he'd been sober for three months now. And that during his last concert he was reluctant to push through with it cause he's not in his best self that time. Then he sang one of my favorites, Modern Loneliness. I really like that song. It truly speaks volume about the present time. It's sad, yet I couldn't help but admire the brilliance of the song writer.


Then he went back the the original stage where he continued singing i'm so tired... It was followed by his performance of his colab with BTS—Who. Then he sang Feelings. After that he bid goodbye and went down the stage. We were screaming, "Isa pa. Isa pa." I knew he would still come back cause he haven't sang yet my most favorite song of him. Of course he came back. He performed his last two songs. Never Not was the first. I find him hot wearing one of the shirts on the merch. It was a black shirt. It suits him perfectly. 😍 His last performance was of course my favorite I Like Me Better. We all got up on our feet and partied like it's the end of the world. Just kidding. But we did. Really. It was fun. I dreamt of that moment. And I couldn't be more ecstatic to have experienced that kind of event. I wish it lasted forever. 


I wanted to watch Lauv's concert cause I'm a fan of his music. Most of his songs are so relaxing to hear though depressing. But still, I find comfort listening to his songs. And his concert was truly what I expected. Just to have a chill but at the same time fun night. I admire him even more now not just his songs. 😍 I was waiting for him to sing The Other, but he didn't. Maybe next time. 😜




au revoir. 😊


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Worst Job Interview Experience

Sat With Ree: Jab We'll Done

Sat With Ree: Westlife The Twenty Tour