Sat With Ree: What If You Had A Superpower

What if you had a superpower, what would it be and why?

If I had a superpower it would be that with just a click of a finger I could easily mute people. Especially when I don’t like what they’re saying, I disagree with their opinion or if they keep on speaking senseless things.

As I grow older, I realized how silence is so important in one’s mental health. I don’t like to hear people scream. I hate to hear people complain. I don’t want to be surrounded with unnecessary noises. Because my brain is already loud and chaotic, so as much as possible I want a peaceful sorrounding. Mainly the reason why I want to have a kind of superpower that could mute people.

Nowadays, I can’t stand hearing people gossip. I hate it when people talk about other people like they really know the other person so well. I don’t like that they could easily speak on other person’s behalf and put words on other people’s mouth. It’s as if they really had the opportunity to enter someone’s head and they were able to read what the other person’s thoughts. What’s even disgusting is when other people believe their made-up story.

I detest how people could easily give their opinion. It’s even maddening when they think that they are always right or like their opinions really matter when in fact they don’t. It’s upsetting when someone makes other people look bad in their story. I despise people who act like they are truly the victim when they are narrating their side of the story. I also dislike when they talk like they are the only one who is concern with someone or with a certain situation. It’s disturbing how they could make other people feel totally useless with the way they talk highly of themselves.

I don’t get it why people feel so entitled to give their comments all the time. It’s as if every situation really need their reaction. I hate judgmental people. I truly hate how people could be so assuming at times.

Ever since, I was really not a fan of big talker because I am the silent type of person. So, I don’t get it why some people love to talk all the time. Like, are they really suppose to speak everything that’s on their mind? Aren’t they get tired of talking?

It’s easy to mute people on social media. If you don’t like what someone is saying, you could easily unfriend or unfollow them. I wish it’s also that simple when it comes to real life. I wish I could also mute people everytime I hear them complain or when they keep on talking about other people. I wish I could mute people when I don’t want to hear what they are saying. I wish there was a button that I could easily press to shut people up when I hear them speaking highly of themselves. I wish I could easily mute someone everytime they are trying to manipulate other people into thinking the same way as them, or when they are trying to brainwash others.

Some people really need to master the art of silence. Sometimes it’s a lot better to keep quiet than to say what’s on your mind. It’s like making people think what’s going on in your mind. You could be so quiet, but they have no idea that you already murdered them inside your head. Just kidding. ๐Ÿ˜…

Personally, I believe that it’s not necessary to always say what you’re thinking. Some people admire that kind of people, but I don’t. For me, it’s still important to think first before you speak. Sometimes the words coming out of your mouth create damage to those who hear them. I know how important it is for other people to hear your thoughts about certain things, but there are times when it’s best to simply keep your thoughts to yourself.

It’s beneficial for other people that you filter the words that are going to come out of your mouth. Not all the words that you say should be said out loud. It’s wise to pause first and ponder for a moment if it is really necessary to speak. Because not all the time people are going to like what you are going to say.

Unfortunately, the superpower that I wanted to have isn’t possible. I guess I’ll just cover up my ears so that I won’t hear them, but it still won’t be enough. But I guess the reason why I couldn’t have that kind of superpower is, because I really need to hear people talk whether I agree or not with whatever they are saying. In that sense, without them knowing, they are showing me what type of person I don’t want to be. They are teaching me how to not be like them.

How about you? What kind of superpower do you want to have?




au revoir. ๐Ÿ˜Š

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Worst Job Interview Experience

Sat With Ree: Jab We'll Done

Sat With Ree: Westlife The Twenty Tour