Sat With Ree: Book Review: Poemsia by Lang Leav

Poemsia is a story about Verity Wolf. A teenage girl who had been given the opportunity to somehow achieve one of her dreams in life, but it does not merely focus on that. It also shows many facets like the importance of family, friendship and a significant other. If you happened to read Lang Leav's other novel which is Sad Girls, Poemsia is far different from it. Poemsia is way lighter compared to it. 

I loved how this book does not center in a simple love story. I can somehow relate to Verity in terms of whether pursuing her dream or to simply settle with the life that she was accustomed to. Because that's the reality of life, that in order to achieve your dreams you have to be willing to sacrifice something. Sometimes there is a price that you need to pay in order to achieve your lifelong dream. There's this one poem (a personal favorite), also from one of Lang Leav's books which is Love Looks Pretty On You that says,  

“Now that you have it all, do you ever wish you could go back to when you had it simple?” 

For me this speaks volume about Poemsia. 

I also fell in love easily with the lead character's beau, Sash. Like I can picture him being the tall, white and handsome kind of guy. A  James Dean kind of guy, perhaps. Their love story made me believe in "love at first sight." I also liked the use of reference of Ross and Rachel since I'm a huge fan of Friends. πŸ˜† I truly admire how Sash gave his full support for Verity in whatever she decided to do.

What I also loved from this book was the friendship of Verity and Jess. Despite everyone you meet new along the way in your "new life," it is still important not to forget the people who are with you not only in your triumph but also in your most sorrowful moments. I truly admire the friendship of Verity and Jess. It made me want to have someone like Jess in my life also. I also want to know what happen with her and her professor, Hayden. But I know it's not about their love story, so maybe in the next Lang Leav's novel the story would be about them. 😜

This book had been on my reading list for a while already, that's why I felt bad I didn't read it right away. It's been a while since I read a superb kind of book like this. So, I'm glad I finally got the chance to read Poemsia. I know this is an excellent book since it is written by Lang Leav. I'm so happy that it didn't disappoint me. 

There were excerpts from this book that truly stood out for me.

The first one was:

"I think you can't really get anywhere in life if you let sentimentality hold you back." 

I find this to be truly relatable that's why I couldn't agree more. Personally, I am a very sentimental kind of person, so I know the struggle. πŸ˜”

And the next was a quotation by Jean de La Fontaine which can also be read in this book:

"A person often meets his destiny on the road he took to avoid it." 

And the last was:

"And don't worry-time is most certainly on your side." 

I want to believe this is true. 

So, if you want to get inspired or you simply want a feel-good book to read, I highly recommend Poemsia.  If you aspire to be a book author one day, you should probably give this book a shot. It will provide you an overview of the path that you might want to take. In case you already forget what it feels like to be in love, this book would remind you of it. Or if you want to gain some clarity about a decision that you need to make, you should definitely consider reading this book. 

I would absolutely give this book a rating of 5/5. 




au revoir. 😊

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Worst Job Interview Experience

Sat With Ree: Jab We'll Done

Sat With Ree: Westlife The Twenty Tour