Time Travel

If I had the ability to time travel, I would choose to go back in the past. I wouldn't change a single thing. I just want to revisit those moments when life seemed to be so easy to navigate, when everything was still smooth sailing.

I would revisit my childhood, specifically. That was the time when life and especially people were so easy to deal with. I would like to go back in time when I could still justify my bad behavior, because "I am just a kid." I didn't have to think of and deal with the consequences of my actions then. 

I just want to experience again what it feels like to be a child. When the hardest decision I had to make was what color I had to use on my drawing. How to be careless. No responsibilities. No expectation from myself. Not caring what other people would think if I made a mistake. Not pressuring myself to figure out how I can create a beautiful life for myself. I kinda miss those times when overthinking and PMS weren't in my vocabulary. I want to go back in time when I was still able to take things lightly. I want to go back again when the only thing that made my cry was when my mother wouldn't allow me to go swimming with my cousins. I wish I could rewind the time when I truly believed that Santa exists and would give me a gift on Christmas Eve. And most importantly I want to go back in time when sleep was still my best friend. I could easily fall asleep wherever, whenever. ๐Ÿ˜’ Those were some of the best days of my life. 

How I wish that life had a button that I can just easily press. When life is good, pause. When life is terrible, fast forward. When I want to rewatch the episodes that I miss, rewind. Sadly, life has only one button which is play. Whether we like what we see or not, life keeps on playing. It doesn't matter whether we can catch up or not. 

We cannot revisit the past, but we have the present where we can create beautiful moments again. Moments that will soon become memories and will belong in the past also. That's the cycle of life. 




au revoir. ๐Ÿ˜Š

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Worst Job Interview Experience

Sat With Ree: Jab We'll Done

Sat With Ree: Westlife The Twenty Tour