First Half

They say that, "Time flies when you're having fun." But how come that I am not having fun, and yet time moves pretty fast? How is it that half the year is already gone? 

It's so weird how the past 6 months seemed to happen only for 3 seconds. It's like earlier this morning I was thinking of what to post on social media as a "year-ender" post. And now I am already thinking of what to wear on Halloween party. Not that I attend a Halloween party. It's just fun to think of a costume and pretend to be someone I am not. 

Anyway, the past six months. Before the year started I told myself that I shouldn't let 2023 pass just like the other years. I have to do something for myself. I have mentally listed my to-do list for this year. Now, it's already second half of the year and I still haven't ticked any on my to-do list. During the first half of the year I think all I did was get annoyed with a lot of things. I didn't plan it. It just happened naturally. I feel like I am back to my old self again. I don't know what's going on in my life anymore. I don't know if I am in the right direction, or if I'm doing the right things. I'm not sad, but I'm not happy either. I'm just going with the flow and wait where life would take me. And I have no idea if it's the right thing to do. 

Definitely one of the best lessons I learned during the first half of the year is the importance of taking a break. It's important that every once in a while you make time for yourself. You go somewhere where you can just sit peacefully all by yourself. It's important to date yourself. Take a break from people. Take a break from your usual daily habit. It's not only our daily task that is draining, but also the people that we encounter every day. 

Another important lesson is to be able to adapt to changes. Whether we like it or not, things change. As they said the only constant thing in this world is change. Sometimes we can't understand why certain things had to happen or had  to change. Even so, we must be able to accept these changes once they happen. Life happens so fast. If we only embrace what is familiar, we probably miss some good things that could happen to us. We can't forever wallow in sadness or grieve the loss of what isn't there anymore. Instead, we have to give chance to what is in front of us, to what is happening now. Cause sometimes no matter how much we want the old things back, we just can't. All we have left are the memories. Sometimes it's better to just let things be. No need to force things. At the end of the day, everything happens for a reason. 

Life passes by so quick. It doesn't matter whether we are able to catch up with this fast-paced world. Cause it keeps on going. We can't stop the time when we don't feel like getting up in the morning. We always have 24 hour each day. It doesn't matter how we spend it or how much of it we spend on things that really matter. Days will pass and before we know it 3 weeks have already gone. And again, another month has already begun. I am not in the right position to say use your time wisely. Cause I cannot preach what I cannot practice. I cannot even warn you that time is short. I'm not God. I have no idea how much time we have left in this world. All I can say is I hope you spend the next 6 months of 2023 with overflowing joy in your heart. I hope we can all achieve at least one of our goals this 2023. 




au revoir. 😊

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Worst Job Interview Experience

Sat With Ree: Jab We'll Done

Sat With Ree: Westlife The Twenty Tour