My Art In Island Adventure


Last May 10, 2023 I had the opportunity to visit Art In Island. For those of you who don't know its location, it is in Cubao, Quezon City. I've been wanting to visit it when it was still simply a 3D museum, but I wasn't able to go there. Then I learned on social media that it was transformed to The Media Square. Even though they transformed the place, they still retained some of their 3D murals. 

Art In Island: The Media Square is a "Mixed Media Museum in the Philippines that brings art, media and technology together." It is the largest mixed media art museum in the Philippines. It showcases a combination of real paintings and digital art.  I was fascinated when I saw the new Art In Island virtual tour. I immediately wanted to visit it. 

I went there on a weekday cause I want to avoid the crowd. The museum opens at 11:00 AM from Tuesday to Saturday. I got there a little past 11:00. There was still no line in the ticket booth. By the way, the regular entrance fee is 850 PHP. As far as I can remember, kids below 3 ft. are free from the entrance fee. Then if you are a student or a senior citizen you are entitled for a discount.

If you haven't been there, but planning to, make sure that you wear socks. You're gonna deposit your shoes on the counter including your bottled water, if you have. Then you're gonna claim it on the exit. No shoes are allowed inside the museum. 

It would feel like you're going in a different world once you entered the museum. It's kind of a narrow space that's surrounded with floor to ceiling mirrors, which I loved. If you love taking mirror selfies, you'll get me. πŸ˜€ What makes it more magical is the media presentation on the floor. One minute you're standing on the beach, then the next you're in a galaxy far, far away. It is truly mesmerizing. Even if you're a grown up, you'd be fascinated by it. Fortunately, there were only few people getting inside that time so I had more time to take videos, and without any video bomber. πŸ˜„

If you happened to be a fan of underwater world, surely you're gonna love one of their showrooms. It showcases underwater creatures. You would feel like you are surrounded with huge aquarium with sharks, jelly fish, sea turtle and other sea animals. Even if you're not a fan of underwater animals, you're still gonna love watching them swimming. It is fascinating. It feels like you are watching real-life sea animals. I enjoyed watching them.

From ocean you're gonna enter another world. You're gonna be taken to a jungle. With all the birds, fire flies and butterflies flying around you. You won't know where to look cause you're going to be overwhelmed with everything that your eyes are seeing. Here's the tip: Take your time. Don't be in a hurry. You can stay there as long as you want to. Just enjoy the moment. Admire your surroundings. 

As I said earlier, they still retained some of their 3D murals. So if you have an eye for arts, especially paintings, you are gonna love their murals. I had this dream of becoming a painter, that's why I was really captivated when I saw those 3D paintings on the wall. I mean, how could they create such beautiful art pieces. I really love to learn how to do them. Kudos to whoever painted those art works. I loved them. I wish I could also paint like that. 

Then the biggest showroom they have is of course where the big show happens, literally and figuratively. There's a mini stage on the center of it just in case you want to perform to the people there. Just kidding. You can sit there while watching various digital media presentation on the massive wall. But there are also beanbag chairs where you could comfortably sit and rest. πŸ˜† Like you are in Bali, Indonesia watching sunset on the beach. It shows the four different seasons— winter, spring, summer and fall as well as some wildlife animals. It's like a big playground for kids. But even if you're a grown up, you would definitely enjoy staying there. Just like I did. My most favorite was the showing of Aurora Borealis. It has always been my dream to witness it. And watching it even just in a digital media presentation somehow feels surreal. Another favorite of mine were the Chinese lantern and also the fall season. I've always wanted to experience fall season in other countries, especially in New York. So, it's really like a dream come true.

There's this one showroom there that showcases some Filipino touch. Like murals of Banaue Rice Teraces and Moriones Festival. I loved how they combined virtual arts and real paintings. The result is totally amazing. It's totally brilliant and creative. 

The second floor of Art In Island is where you can find the real gems. So if you think you've seen all on the first floor, you're wrong. If you are planning to go there, I should tell you not to take too much photos unless you've seen the second floor. When I went there the floor was almost empty. That's why I had the chance to savour my moment there. It's an opportunity to take great photos. If you want to take aesthetic photos, then it's the perfect place for you. 


If you're a fan of Vincent Van Gogh, you can find some souvenirs inspired by him in their souvenir shop that you can find near the exit. There are clip board, canvass bag, sketch book and pin with one of his famous works 'The Starry Night.' You can also find other souvenir items such as ref magnet, ballpen, key chain, t-shirt, mini notebook and many more. 

There is a food stall right in front of the souvenir shop. I saw it from afar. I was planning to take a look what food they're selling, but after I left the souvenir shop I totally forgot about it. Even though it's already right in front of it. So I had no idea what's the food there. I regret not checking on it. 

This is my most favorite photo that I took that day. ❤
When you got down from the second floor, you can claim your shoes and other stuff that you surrendered before you entered the museum. And in front of it is a Korean restaurant name Jeongwon. 

You can enjoy a scrumptious meal there right after your museum tour. They offer wide variety of Korean food, from appetisers to desserts. For some reason, I wasn't able to finish what I ordered. I think I was overwhelmed with excitement and happiness, that's why I immediately felt full. I was planing beforehand to order a dessert, but I wasn't able to anymore. I ordered Gochujang Samgyeop Dosirak. 


It's pork belly with sweet and spicy sauce with side dishes, kimchi, fish cake and egg roll. It's delicious. The price is reasonable. I loved that my order arrived fast even though it is almost full house. And I also loved that the food that I ordered were in the right temperature. They're still hot. They provide a great service. The staff were accommodating and easily attended to my request. I hope that I can come back again soon to try their other food. 

I really had a great time at Art In Island: The Media Square. Though my energy kinda went low fast that day cause I didn't get enough sleep the night before. Probably out of too much excitement. Even so, I still enjoyed my adventure there. It was fun. It was a long overdue plan, so it's really fulfilling to finally visit it. Next time I go there I'll make sure that I take some energy drink so that I won't run out of energy. πŸ˜†

If you ever decided to go to Art In Island, make sure your phone and your camera are fully charged for picture and video taking. Of course they have enough storage. I mean, if you want to document your moments there. If you have an extra battery or a power bank, you might want to bring it just in case. Don't forget to wear socks. Make sure you have a lot of energy and you get enough sleep tye night before. Take your time at the museum. There's no need to rush if you don't have any plans afterwards. But if I were you, I'll just enjoy my time there. I can move my other plans tomorrow if it's not that important. Most importantly, have fun. It's a great place to just enjoy and be present in the moment. It's like going into a different world and forgetting that real life exists.






au revoir. 😊


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sat With Ree: Westlife The Twenty Tour

Sat With Ree: Jab We'll Done

It's Our 8th