In The Name of Love

I'd catch a grenade for ya 

Throw my hand on a blade for ya 

I'd jump in front of a train for ya 

You know I'd do anything for ya 

I would go through all this pain 

Take a bullet straight through my brain 

Yes, I would die for ya, baby 

I know Bruno Mars is kinda exaggerated on this, but we all know what he's trying to say. Right? That worse comes to worst, he's willing to die for the person he loves. But sadly, the receiving end is not willing to do the same.

I guess we tend to become exaggerated when it comes to proving the people we love that we love them. We are going to go the extra mile just to show our love to them. When we love, we go beyond our capabilities. We do things that we never thought we would do in the name of love. We do things that we say we wouldn't do. But until what extent are you willing to do in the name of love? 

As for me, it's not my personality to give everything. But when I love, I love with all my heart and I'm a loyal person. When I love someone, it's only that person. Every one else becomes blurred to me. Even so, I still know my limitations and I still have some reservations.

Honestly speaking, I've never been in a romantic relationship. I only experienced crushes. So, I don't know how much I'm willing to give when it comes to love. But I can say that I am willing to give, as long as it is being reciprocated. If I knew that my efforts weren't appreciated, that's when the time I would stop. I would give as long as I know that I'm valued and appreciated. But once I know that I'm being taken for granted, then it's over. 

I'm not the type to force myself to someone. When I feel I'm being left-out or neglected, then I would just keep my safe distance. I can't stand people who only want me because they need something from me, or they gain something from me. I want to feel valued not because of what I have to offer. That's not what love is about. Love is unconditional. I want to be loved despite the things that I can give.

I would do anything in the name of love. As I said when I love, I love with all my heart. But once I know that I'm being taken for granted, no matter how much I love someone, I would immediately stop caring. I can turn my heart as cold as ice and as hard as stone. I will never fight for a spot in someone else's life. 

Some people can do things in the name of love that others won't understand why they do such things. Maybe it's true what they say that, "Love is blind." People tend to be blind and overlook the things that they're supposed to see. That's why they can do things that they say they wouldn't do. But in the end, it's their life and we shouldn't judge them. The important thing when it comes to love is to know when you've had enough. Know when it's still worth the fight and when you should stop.

Self-respect is the first thing that you should learn before you start loving someone. When you have that, you wouldn't even question your worth. And you wouldn't settle for anything less than you deserve. 


au revoir. 😊

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Worst Job Interview Experience

Sat With Ree: Jab We'll Done

Sat With Ree: Westlife The Twenty Tour