Movie Review: The Noel Diary

Starring: 

Justin Hartley

Barrett Doss

Bonie Bedelia 

James Remar

Esence Atkins

Release Date: November 24, 2022

Directed by: Charles Shyer

First of all, I would like to say that I loved the setting of the movie. The road all covered in snow. I have this fascination with snow and have always been dreaming of experiencing it, especially on Christmas. And somehow this movie made me experience it virtually.

The Noel Diary is a Christmas movie. The story is about hope, forgiveness and love. Spoiler alert: Justin Hartley is not Noel. And if that didn't intrigue you, I don't know what would. 

Jacob (Justin Hartley) is a novelist. His mother died and he didn't know about it hadn't he received a phone call. Cause he and his mother didn't have a good relationship, he is living alone. Well, not totally alone, he has Ava. Upon hearing the death of his mother, he needed to go back to his childhood home, where his mother used to live when she was still alive, to do some major clean up. 

Rachel (Barrett Doss) is in search for her birth mother. She went to the only address that she knew her mother had lived. When she visited the place, Jacob was there. Cause her mother used to be the nanny of Jacob's family.

Eventually Rachel and Jacob became friends. They helped each other in different ways. He helped her finding her birth mother. On the other hand, she became an instrument to help him patch things up with one of the most important people in his life. Throughout their journey, the inevitable thing happened. They fell in love with each other. Wait, did I forget to mention that she's already engaged with a different man? 

If what I said intrigued you and made you want to watch the movie, you should definitely give it a try, especially if have a huge crush on Justin Hartley. (I mean who wouldn't?) The movie will give you the chance of completely staring at him for more than an hour with only a second of interruption every once in a while.

I give this movie 4 stars cause there's this one thing that I was expecting to see on the movie, but I didn't. I was hoping for a reunion. Even so, this is a must see movie. Especially to those who have a hard time forgiving. This is perfect to watch now that Christmas season is already here. Because like I said, the movie is about love, forgiveness, and hope which is basically what Christmas is all about.




au revoir. 😊

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sat With Ree: Westlife The Twenty Tour

Sat With Ree: Jab We'll Done

It's Our 8th