Sat With Ren: How To Love What You Hate

Many years back, when social media was still new and I could still freely post anything (because none of my relatives were there, yet), I posted a simple, "I hate you." Without mentioning who or what I hated that time. A few hours after I posted it someone commented. I couldn't remember what he said exactly, but from what I can remember, he said that hate is a strong feeling and I shouldn't say it to just anyone. Aside from feeling totally embarrassed, that comment made me question myself. "Can I not hate someone? Should I always supposed to love people?" 

Back then I thought that it's okay to hate. And when I was mad at someone, I automatically assumed that I hate them. Of course my mindset back then was totally different from now. When I was mad at someone before I wouldn't tell them upfront that I hate them, but inside my mind I already murdered them. Just kidding.  Of course I still do it now. ๐Ÿ˜…

I think at some point in our life we all hated someone or something. We hated someone because of their guts or something they did to us. I don't know about you, but there are some people we hate even if they didn't do anything to us. They just breathe and we already hate them. We simply hate them for their existence. Sometimes we hate doing something, but we still do it anyway. Probably because it's necessary, or we got paid for doing it. 

What I learned is that the more you hate doing something or being with someone, the more the universe conspire to associate you with them. Somehow it can sense those that we hate, and for some reason we have to be with them more often than what we can tolerate. ๐Ÿ˜• Then we became too fed up with them, and  just accepted the fact that we have to deal with them all our life. Eventually, we'll come to a realization that perhaps they were meant to teach us something. 

We have to learn how to be patient and persevering when it comes to dealing with the things or people that we hate. We have to learn how to endure people, things or situations that are too difficult for us to handle. We have to be strong and resilient enough to deal with what we hate. We shouldn't let our feelings get the best of us. At times we have to inevitably deal with them so that it could open our heart to the possibility of liking them. For us to be willing to give things, people or situation a chance to see that maybe, just maybe, they aren't as bad as they seem. 

It is not really necessary to love what we hate or to instantly embrace them with our arms wide open. We don't have to feel bad for hating them. We are human and I think it's unavoidable. All we have to do is be mature enough to face them, and deal with them in the most polite way that we can. We have to be mature enough not to wish the people that we hate dead or for something bad to happen to them. As much as we can, we have to treat people with kindness and decency because life has its own annoying way of bringing us closer to what we hate and we can't do anything but to handle them with grace. 




au revoir.๐Ÿ˜Š

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Worst Job Interview Experience

Sat With Ree: Jab We'll Done

Sat With Ree: Westlife The Twenty Tour