Sat With Ree: 9/11

Since it's still my birthday week, allow me to share with you one of the most memorable birthday celebrations I had—my debut. It wasn't that long ago since I just celebrated my 18th birthday last Tuesday.

Just kidding. I celebrated my debut 12 years ago, but for me it feels like it was only last Tuesday.

I am not a fan of big parties. I don't want the traditional kind of 18th birthday wherein there are 18 roses, 18 gifts, 18 bills, 18 cars, 18 houses and lots, πŸ˜²πŸ˜… etc. I only want a simple celebration with the people who are close to my heart. 

I celebrated my debut two times. The first one was at home during my birthday. It was a simple celebration with my family and some relatives with the classic "handa" during birthdays— pancit, spaghetti, lumpiang shanghai, fried chicken and cake.

There was a typhoon during that time, so it was raining hard almost the whole day. It was holiday that time, because if I remember it right it was Ramadan. 

I attended the mass early that morning, and when we got home while I was about to change my clothes my niece came to the bedroom carrying an envelope. Inside the envelope was a card with the letters from my sister, my brother and my parents. I cried while I was reading the letter because I was really touched with their messages and at the same time surprised. 

The second celebration was held at the Green Coral Resort on September 11. 

It was a swimming party wherein I invited my classmates. Almost all of them came. My family were also there. We rented a videoke, as well. 

A day before the swimming, the rain was non-stop. I thought it won't push through, since there was still a typhoon that time. But it was a rain or shine event, I already invited my classmates so whatever the weather. 😁


That morning of the swimming the weather was still good. The sun fortunately showed up that's why we continue with the plan.

While we were swimming, suddenly the rain poured heavily. Some of us got off the pool while others were enjoying swimming under the rain. Others were singing, while others were eating gelatin and some left-over caldereta from our lunch. 

Some of my classmate were doing the "sun dance." (If you know, you'll know.πŸ˜†)

Then they saw an ice box where we stored the gelatin. There was still some ice left, and they started playing. One of them put ice inside the shirt of one of my classmates, and my other classmate put it to another, until it became a "riot." πŸ˜„

They were like kids playing that time. They were running around while chasing one another. Until there there were no more ice left. But then they saw the cake, and the fun continues. 

Someone started putting icing on my other classmates' face, and then they started chasing each other again. I was like a mother during that time who was watching her kids play and having fun while I was taking photos of them. πŸ˜€

It was a whole day celebration, and when we're about to go home we all rode in one jeepney rented by my mother. It was also fun, since there were lots of us (my classmates and my family) and we can't all fit in a jeepney. But we have to, that's why some of my classmates have to sit on the lap of my other classmate. 😁

It was truly a very memorable 18th birthday celebration and I wouldn't trade it to any other big parties. I really had fun and enjoyed it a lot. 

The little girl is my niece who gave me the card.













Ciao.😊


***I had to cover their faces in respect to their privacy, and since I didn't ask for their permission before I posted those photos. 😊***

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Worst Job Interview Experience

Sat With Ree: Jab We'll Done

Sat With Ree: Westlife The Twenty Tour