Sat With Ree: The Kissing Booth 3

Starring:

Joey King

Joel Courtney

Jacob Elordi

Taylor Zakhar Perez

Maisie Richardson-Sellers

Meganne Young

Molly Ringwald

Directed by: Vince Marcello

Release date: August 11, 2021

In this third and (I'm afraid) final installment of The Kissing Booth trilogy, basically Elle Evans (Joey King) was trying to manage a healthy and balanced relationship with her family, with her boyfriend and with her bestfriend. Wait, did I mention that there's an issue going on with her family? Plus the fact that she needed to make one of the biggest, hardest and most important decisions in her life.

I was just smiling while watching the first few minutes of the movie. I thought it was all about just that— Elle, Noah, Lee and Rachel having the best times of their lives. I didn't notice right away that there's still more in the movie than just enjoying and having fun. 

I loved the character of Molly Ringwald as Noah and Lee's mother. I loved how she was so considerate not only of her two sons but also of Elle's feelings. I witnessed how she really loved them so much to the point that she...........just watch the movie (if you still haven't) so you would know what I'm about to say. πŸ˜€

I felt sorry for Marco's character (Taylor Zakhar Perez). Although his character wasn't new to this kind of movie, I couldn't help but still feel sad for him. There was this one scene wherein I'll just use lines from one of Maroon 5's songs to describe it:

I was there for you

In your darkest times

I was there for you

In your darkest night

But I wonder, where were you?

The one where Marco was outside Elle's working place carrying a guitar while............Again, just watch it and see what I mean. That scene was truly a bittersweet moment. 

Also, I loved how Lee treasured his friendship with Elle so much. I loved that he kept the "diamond." He really valued things especially when it has to do with memories from their childhood or something that he shared with Elle. He's a sweet and very thoughtful bestfriend. I wish I also have one. LOL.

I liked Chloe's character played by Maisie Richardson-Sellers. I liked that she remained being just friends with Noah and how she was so supportive of Noah and Elle's relationship. 

While I was watching the film I couldn't help but wonder how Joey King and Jacob Elordi were like behind the scenes, especially after doing a scene na nakakailig. I mean how did they manage to become so professional? I know that they're actors so they have to be good in acting, but it's not that easy to work with an ex (not that I have an experience). I just think it is. I want to commend them both for being so professional and for succeeding in the portrayal of their characters.

My take away from the movie was that while it's fun and exciting to take risks in life you should also consider if it would be worth it. You have to figure out if it's really what you want in your life. You don't have to like something just because that's what everyone wants for you. You don't have to just agree with things that you are not really okay with. Sometimes, you have to consider what you truly want and follow your heart's desire. It's your life so don't let anyone decide for you. You should not make a decision based solely on what you think would make your loved ones happy. At the end of the day whatever you decide to do the people who truly love you would understand and only want what is best for you. They only want to see you happy with the choices that you make eventhough they are not part of it. (Spoiler alert. πŸ‘€)

I loved how the movie ended. I felt "kilig" on the part where Noah and Elle were just standing and staring at each other. In that very short moment it somehow gave me a glimpse of how Jacob and Joey were like in real life. I'd like to think that they were like that in real life. 

*Original photo from Netflix's Facebook page*




If you haven't seen the movie yet, maybe now is the right time to just "netflix and chill." If you need to make a major (even minor) decision in your life maybe this movie would make you see things from a different perspective. It could enlighten you on the things that seem so blury right now. If you just want to get lost even for a bit this movie is perfect in escaping from the busy and stressful life. Make sure that you already watched the other two The Kissing Booth movie (The Kissing Booth and The Kissing Booth 2) so you would fully understand the story of The Kissing Booth 3. πŸ˜†




Ciao.😊

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sat With Ree: Westlife The Twenty Tour

Sat With Ree: Jab We'll Done

It's Our 8th