Sat With Ren: Safe Haven

"If you have the power to eat alone in a restaurant or sit alone in a cinema hall then you can do anything in your life." Done and done.

There are people out there who can't eat in a restaurant or watch a movie in a cinema alone. Wherein there are some people like me, who would rather go solo and don't want any company. If you are an introvert, then you could totally relate and doing those things is no biggie to you. It would be a piece of cake. That's basically an introvert's dream. To eat alone in a restaurant without having to consider anyone, like what other person prefers to eat. Or when going for a movie, you can watch whatever you like without having to consider if the people you're with like the movie or not. You have all the liberty to decide. 

Alone isn't boring, at least for me. When you are all by yourself you have time to asses yourself. You have time to ponder about how your life has been going on lately. Somehow it could give you some clarity about your life. It can help you think about some things that's been bothering you. At the same time, when you are alone you have a choice to just relax and not think. You can go to your happy place and have a quiet moment there. 

I would go alone every once in a while to date myself. I would go to a restaurant to have one scrumptious meal. I am the type of person who wouldn't splurge on clothes, but I wouldn't even bat an eyelash when it comes to buying food. As long as I love the food, it doesn't matter how costly (costly meaning less than PHP 500.00) it is. I'm going to buy it and have a hearty meal. 

Also, when I go out I see to it that I visit my happy place. One of my happy places is in a coffee shop. I sit there for an hour or so, unbothered. It's so calming and relaxing to just listen to the music playing there while sipping from my cup of coffee. During that peaceful moment, of course, I couldn't stop myself from thinking. What's good is that only good thoughts come to mind when I am in that place. Even for a moment life suddenly feels so easy and once again beautiful. 

Another happy place of mine is in a bookstore. By simply walking around it and seeing all the new books that's just been released make me feel like it's taking me to another world. A world where only good things exist. I also love seeing cute journal notebooks in various designs. Other girls would be so happy when you take them shopping for new clothes or shoes, but I'm not like them. Give me a voucher to use in a bookstore and I'll surely won't forget you for the rest of my life. I am also going to pray for your safety for the rest of your life. Kidding aside, but that's what bookstores do to me. I can live there forever. 

Those two places make my heart happy everytime I visit them. They are my safe haven. That's where I go when I need to detox from my everyday life, when I become too fed up with my surrounding. When I visit these places I can somehow feel that life isn't running out of of good things, yet. There I find peace and comfort that other places couldn't give me. No matter how messy my life seems to be, when I am in those places all of my troubles fade away in an instant. Just by the thought of going there makes me feel giddy. Everything seems to work perfectly fine and I am at my best self again once I entered these kinds of places. 

How about you? What's your happy place? Where do you go when you need to destress? Where do you find comfort when life seems to be too much to handle? Where is your safe haven? 




au revoir. 😊

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sat With Ree: Westlife The Twenty Tour

Sat With Ree: Jab We'll Done

It's Our 8th