When Being Treated Specially No Longer Feels Good

It's nice to be treated special every once in a while. I mean, who wouldn't want to feel like a queen, even if you aren't living in a palace? But there are times when the treatment doesn't feel good anymore. Perhaps you feel like it's not genuine. It's forced. Or sometimes, you feel like they do it out of pity.

Personally, it feels weird to be treated special. Sometimes I feel like I don't deserve the "spotlight." Like, my own food differs from everyone else's. There are times when other people walk on eggshells around me. Because they don't want to hurt my feelings, or that's what they think. They think that I'm too fragile to handle the truth or that I'm not capable of handling difficult situations. But from my point of view, I feel so out of place every time they do that. I feel ignored. I feel neglected. I feel like I'm still a little kid. The irony is that people treat me as a child, but they expect me to act like an adult.

The hard truth is that, at times, people who give you special treatment are the same people who talk bad behind your back. That's when the treatment no longer feels good. Why don't they just act what they really feel towards me? Why can't they just be real with me? Isn't it easier to show your authentic self? I don't have to be pitied. I'm not a charity case.

It's nice to be treated like a queen every once in a while. It's nice to be handed things on a silver platter. But I'd rather you be rude to me than fake your concern. In this world full of fake people, please don't be one.




au revoir. 😊

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sat With Ree: Westlife The Twenty Tour

Sat With Ree: Jab We'll Done

It's Our 8th